If you would like to make a substantial investment in the UK you will need to apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa. Here at Dee Legal we're experts in getting you a Tier 1 Investor Visa. We will arrange & manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it's done right the first time.
Pass mark of 75 points is needed to satisfy the requirements for the specific criteria under the Investors sub-category.
Applicants have at least £1,000,000 of their own money in a regulated financial institution in the UK, or
A) Own personal assets which exceed £2,000,000 in value, provided they are not subject to any liabilities; and
- You must be willing to invest £750,000 of that money in either unit trusts or private companies (not bank accounts, property developing or offshore companies);
- You may not be employed in any capacity other than managing your investment;
- You must be prepared to spend at least 50% of your time in the UK;
- You may invest the remaining £250,000 however you wish;
English Language Ability
Because potential migrants applying under the Investor sub-category are not expected to need to work, the English language requirement is waived.
It is obvious that under the Investor category, clients are extremely wealthy and do not need to prove an ability to support themselves and their dependants. Therefore, this requirement has been waived for the Investor sub-category.
What we can do for you:
- A processing of detailed assessment of your circumstances.
- Processing of pre-application.
- Processing & completion of your Tier 1 Investor Visa application
- Contact you with the confirmation of your Tier 1 Investor Visa
Once in the UK:
- You are given a 3 year visa initially.
- You must then apply for an extension which is normally granted as long as any decrease in the value of your investments is based purely on market fluctuation, you transferred the money within 3 months of arriving in the UK and the total investment is still over £1million. If these conditions are not met then the extension may be refused.
- Successful extensions are for 2 years.
- You may, after 5 years, apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Permanent Residency).
- Partners and dependent children are able to join you on this visa and are free to work and attend school.