The entrepreneur category is for those investing in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of one or more businesses in the United Kingdom.
A 'business' means an enterprise as:
(i) a sole trader,
(ii) a partnership, or
(iii) a company registered in the UK
Here at Dee Legal we're experts in getting you a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. We will arrange and manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it's done right the first time. Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is solely based on successfully achieving points. The key requirement for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is the amount of money you will be investing in the UK and the guarantee that you will be taking control of a business.
Pass marks of 75 points are needed to satisfy the requirements for the specific criteria under the Entrepreneur sub-category.
(a) The applicant has access to not less than £200,000, or
(b) The applicant has access to not less than £50,000 from:
(i) one or more registered venture capital ﬁrms regulated by the Financial Services Authority,
(ii) one or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed on the UK Trade & Investment website, or
(iii) one or more UK Government Departments, and made available by the Department(s) for the speciﬁc purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business
Funds are held in a regulated financial institution
Funds are disposable in the United Kingdom
- Applicants can open any type of business, but must work full-time in the running of the business;
- Applicants must, through the opening of the business, create full time employment for 2 EEA nationals;
- Applicants must take a share of the business's liabilities;
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to maintain themselves until the business becomes profitable;
- Applicants must have a controlling interest in the business;
- Applicants must have a convincing and viable business plan;
English Language Ability
Applicants must show that they are proficient in English by proving one of the following:
- They have passed a test in English equivalent to level C1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language Learning (equivalent to a grade C or better at GCSE)
- Come from a country where English is the majority language spoken
- Have taken a degree taught in English (this is verified by using the National Academic Recognition Information Centre data)
Successful proof of one of these criteria will earn the required 10 points for the English language requirement.
Applicants from outside the country will be required to score 10 points by proving they can support themselves.
In order to qualify for entry clearance, or leave to remain under Tier 1 an applicant must show that he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. The maintenance requirements are detailed below:
- Applicants outside the United Kingdom seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period before the date of application.
- Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period before the date of application.
What we can do for you:
In order to complete your Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa application we'll take care of it :
- A processing of detailed assessment of your circumstances.
- Processing of pre-application.
- Processing & Completion of your Entrepreneur Visa application
- Contact you with the confirmation of your Entrepreneur Visa
Once in the UK:
- A successful applicant is generally given a 2 year visa initially;
- An extension of a further 3 years can be applied for as long as the business is operating, the investment has been made and the 2 jobs have been created;
- Applicants may, after 5 years, apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Permanent Residency); AND
- Partners and dependent children are able to join you on this visa and are free to work and go to school.